One of the biggest trends in interior design so far this year has been metallic home decor. The fascination with high-shine style began a few seasons ago, as brass finishes and accents began to pop up next to the chrome and polished nickel at trade shows and in retail stores. Now, anything goes: oil-rubbed bronze, galvanized steel, copper and rose gold have all made a comeback in the last year.
The best part about the metallic trend? It’s extremely versatile. There’s a metallic for every style and room in the home: from shiny gold fixtures in the kitchen, to cast-iron table legs in the dining room, or a copper table lamp in the bedroom. Here, a few of our favorite examples of metallics used around the house.
1. For a rustic-meets-industrial look, pair a roughhewn table with iron legs and galvanized steel accents.
2. A gold bench at the end of the bed proves that even a little metallic goes a long way in a room.
3. A geometric copper table feels fresh and modern (and we love the gold drawer pulls, too!).
4. Layered gold tones and plush fabrics create a dressing room space that’s pure glamour.
5. How stunning is this kitchen? Stainless steel, copper, and gold combine for a beautiful example of how rich metallics look when mixed together.
6. A mix of polished brass fixtures and antique brass shelving brackets create an old-world-meets-new look.
7. In an all-white kitchen, classic chrome light fixtures and galvanized steel chairs create a clean, subtly coastal feel.
8. Blogger Emily A. Clark gave this armoire a modern look by painting it indigo and adding brass hardware.
For more information about Divine Design Build’s interior design services, click here.