The Top Boston Area Interior Design Events for Fall 2015
Labor Day marks the unofficial end to summer in New England, and while beach days and barbecues may be behind us, there's plenty to look forward to this fall. While fall of course means the return of classic pastimes like apple picking and tailgating, it's also one of the best times of year for home and design professionals and aficionados to get out and network, and learn more about what's new and exciting in the industry. Interested in partaking? We've put together a list of our top Boston area interior design events for the fall 2015 season.
- New England Home Magazine's 5 Under 40 celebration. Each year, the Boston-based publication taps a panel of local design experts and professionals to nominate and name five up-and-coming architects, landscape architects, and interior designers to receive the "5 Under 40" award. The winners are feted each year at the Landry & Arcari showroom in Back Bay, where rugs designed by the honorees are auctioned off for charity. Thursday, September 10, 2015 at 6:00 p.m. at Landry & Arcari. (Tickets are still available for purchase, here).
- Art Week Boston. Though the city's annual Art Week honors everything from dance to sculpture, there are plenty of events for interior design aficionados, too. Skinner Auctioneers is offering an "Art of the Oriental Carpet" tour, the Boston Athenæum is hosting and art & architecture tour, Dover Rug & Home is giving a glimpse into the process of making a hand-knotted rug, and plenty more. For a full schedule of events, visit the Art Week Boston website. September 25-October 4, 2015 various times and locations.
- Boston Design Market. The Boston Design Center will host its annual Market Days event on October 7-8. In addition to perusing the showrooms to find out what's new, there will be a range of programming taking place both days; from expert talks by blogger and design authority Marisa Marcantonio and Kerry Joyce, to a virtual show house, and the announcement party for the 2015 inductees into the New England Design Hall of Fame, this event is not to be missed! Wednesday, October 7 and Thursday, October 8, 2015. All Day, at the Boston Design Center.
- New England Design Hall of Fame Gala. After honoring the inductees during Boston Design Week, the celebration continues at the official 2015 New England Design Hall of Fame Gala at the State Room in Boston. This cocktail and seated dinner party draws the area's biggest names in interior design and architecture, and celebrates some of the region's most notable talent. Thursday, November 12, 2015 at 6:30 p.m., at The State Room.
- ABX 2015. ArchitectureBoston Expo, or ABX for short, is a chance for professionals to showcase the latest offerings and services from their companies, and for consumers to get a one-stop shopping experience for all things architecture--from design firms, to window manufacturers, to energy paneling, roofers, and more. The event draws exhibitors from around the New England region. Tuesday, November 17-Thursday, November 19, 2105, at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center.