Fresh Design Ideas: A Blue and White Kitchen
Colorful kitchens are becoming more and more common with homeowners looking to redesign their space; and from red-lacquered cabinetry, to enameled appliances in easter-egg shades, the options for infusing color into the kitchen are endless. However, if you're on the fence about adding a non-neutral hue to the heart of your home, there is a happy medium that is both bright and timeless: A classic shade of blue. Here, six blue and beautiful kitchens that might just convince you to ditch the neutral scheme.
1. Limiting color to the lower bank of cabinets while keeping the rest of the room white is a subtle way to add rich blue to the kitchen.
2. For a bolder approach, we love this combination of blue floral wallpaper, navy lacquered cabinetry and brass hardware.
3. Looking for something non-permanent? Open shelving allows for a display of colorful pottery that can be easily swapped with the seasons, or as tastes change.
4. A pale shade of slate blue is a fresh alternative to gray.
5. Here, the color is limited to the island and window treatments
6. For a bold, glamorous look, a high-shine periwinkle butler's pantry can't be beat.