Boston-Area Home Decor Stores we Love
One of the best things about living in the Boston area is the sheer volume of resources that are available for designing a beautiful home. From talented makers and craftspeople, to shop owners who curate beautiful selections from around the world, there is plenty of style to be had from the local community. If your home needs a quick sprucing up, take our advice and visit one of these Boston-area home decor stores we love.
- Dayton Home, Wellesley, Mass. Dayton Home is an exquisite shop in the heart of downtown Wellesley, owned and curated by interior designer Lynn Dayton. The beautifully merchandised showroom carries a wide-variety of boutique and luxury furniture and decor lines, including Dunes & Duchess, Hickory Chair, Fortuny, Phillip Jeffries, Scalamandre, and more.
- Hudson, Boston, Mass. Tucked away on a charming side street in Boston's South End, Hudson is a gem of a store chock-full of unique and vintage finds. Owned by designer Jill Goldberg, the store is a perfect representation of her quirky-meets-preppy style. A sampling of what you'll find: upholstery by Verellen, linens and pillows by Pehr, and ceramics by local artist Jill Rosenwald. Both Elle Decor and Wallpaper magazines have deemed Hudson of the area's must-visit decor retailers.
- LEKKER Home, Boston, Mass. Around the corner from Hudson site Lekker, a boutique filled with things for the modern home. From kitchen gadgets, to wall art, to a selection of furniture, LEKKER is a must-visit for those with a contemporary aesthetic. The store features offerings from GUS Modern, Vitra, Blu Dot, John Derian, and more.
- La Petite Maison, Hingham, Mass. This French-inspired shop in Hingham center offers a lovely assortment of textiles, tabletop items, and decor from notable brands like Juliska, Matouk, Sferra, and Yves Delorme. The boutique also offers lovely baby section, with crib bedding by Sweet William, Serena & Lilly, and Gordonsbury, along with customized crib bedding options.
- Darby Road Home, Waltham, Mass. Darby Road is a 5,000 square foot showroom that's a treasure trove of stylish furniture. The shop offers case goods, upholstery, dining furniture, and accent pieces from manufacturers like Bernhardt, Dovetail, Noir, and Rowe. The shop is also a great resource for lighting, featuring a rotating selection of fixtures from Currey & Co.
- Twelve Chairs. Boston, Mass. Another South End staple, Twelve Chairs is a must-see for vintage lovers. The shop's owners, friends Miggy Mason and Roisin Giese, share a love of antique and vintage finds, and you'll often find one-of-a-kind ceramics, wall art, and sculpture among the store's offerings. In addition to vintage, Twelve Chairs also stocks new furnishings from lines like Caravan Pacific and Vanguard Furniture, as well as accents from Rifle Paper Co., textiles from Coyuchi, and more.
Did we miss anyone great? Fill us in in the comments section!