5 Home Decorating Ideas for Spring
Spring might be synonymous with cleaning, but it's also the perfect time to freshen up your home decor-wise. A quick coat of paint on an antique piece or a just=picked bouquet of daffodils can add life to your space in spades. To jump-start your spring spruce up, we've put together five home decorating ideas for the season.
1. Switch Out Your Bedding After a long winter indoors, swapping out your bedding is a welcome change. Get into the spring spirit by choosing a lighter color like a vibrant yellow, a pastel green, or a soft purple or blue. If you don’t want to invest in a new comforter, you can always add color with a bright throw blanket or sheets.
2. Spring Themed Décor Spring is the perfect time to brighten up your home with spring themed decor accessories and brightly colored flowers. Perk up your kitchen table with colorful tulips, daffodils, or hyacinths in hand-painted vases. Switch out your tableware with floral plates and accessorize with handmade crafts. If you’re really looking to alter your space, you can even consider floral wallpaper in muted pastels or neutral tones to enhance the airiness of the room.
3. Sheer Curtains In the colder months, the benefit of thick, dark curtains is unparallel in keeping the cold wind out, but once the weather turns warmer, dark curtains aren’t as necessary. One spring decorating tip we love is changing your curtains to reflect the season. Think sheer fabrics, floral motifs, and vintage lace to add light to your space.
4. Brighten up Your Patio Springtime means balmy days reading outdoors and enjoying time with family, so why not add some color to your outdoor space? Whether it’s purchasing some brightly colored patio furniture or hanging an antique birdcage to showcase new flowers from your garden, dispersing playful furniture or décor pieces outdoors is a great decorating tip to usher in the season with.
5. Perk up Your Pillows Replace throw pillows on your sofa with a bold pattern or adorn with pretty, handmade ultrasuede florets for a fun decorative element.