10 Beautiful Kitchen Design Ideas
It's one of the most fun--if initially most overwhelming--parts of planning a kitchen renovation: gathering inspiration. Looking at photos, magazines, and social media site to find out what you like, what you need, and what you definitely don't want. We always encourage our clients to seek out and save as much inspiration as they can find. It'll not only help educate you on your options, but it'll help you form a clear idea and plan for what you want, which in turn, helps inform those involved in creating your new space.
Looking for a little inspiration? Here, we've gathered 12 of our favorite kitchen renovation ideas from our past projects to help you start creating your dream space.
2. Try contrasting cabinetry. For a modern, unique look, try two-tone cabinets, choosing a different finish for the upper and lower rows of cabinetry.
3. Or a contrasting island. For a subtler take on the two-tone look, try a kitchen island in a color different from the rest of your cabinetry.
4. Make the space multi-purpose. With more and more homeowner's turning to "open-concept" living, why not take the idea one step further with a truly mixed-use space? The homeowner, below, added a built-in desk to turn a corner of this kitchen into a workspace.
5. Skip stainless steel. After almost a decade of stainless steel appliances being the de-rigeur choice for modern kitchen remodels, both homeowners and manufacturers are turning to custom-finishes, like these glossy white appliances that blend in with the surrounding cabinetry.
6. Update tradition. For a contemporary take on traditional-style cabinetry, forgo wood-tones in favor of a painted finish in a modern color like gray.
7. Rethink storage. Installing custom drawer organizers keeps your kitchen neat and functional.
File these ideas away to your inspiration notebook or Pinterest board, then check out more beautiful kitchen ideas from Divine Design Build on our Houzz profile.