January 25th, 2016 | Kitchens
Historically, the kitchen has always been a place of function, where design first and foremost is meant to be useful and practical. While that doesn’t mean the kitchen is relegated to be a boring space, it does make it easier to look at the kitchen as a place with limited style possibilities; especially if you’re comparing your kitchen, with its mandatory faucets, appliances and storage, to a blank slate like a living room or bedroom.
So what are you to do if your personal style is more unique than white cabinetry and subway tile allow? Luckily, there are actually plenty of ways to customize your kitchen in order to create a space that’s unique, personal, and reflective of your taste. In fact, you might be surprised at just how unconventional kitchen design can actually be. For proof, we’re sharing some of the most unique, creative, out-of-the box kitchen designs we could find.
1. We’ve seen kitchen cabinets in almost every color and material, but these shiny gold doors still managed to take us by surprise, in a good way!
2. Want to infuse your all white kitchen with some personality? Try a colorful tile floor.
3. With a backsplash this colorful, who needs art?
4. Open shelves get an industrial look thanks to glass panels suspended from a ceiling track.
5. Go completely against the grain by trading in a standard white or wood tone kitchen with a kitchen that’s completely awash in color.
6. Red, white, and blue makes a high-contrast combination, while glass-framed cabinets feel more like display cases.
7. Wallpaper is an easy way to give your kitchen pop without permanence.
Would you try any of these bold look? Which is your favorite?