February 18th, 2016 | Bathrooms
Remodeling your bathroom? Consider starting your design plan with the tile. Because it serves such important functional and style purposes–and can cover a good portion of the room–it can inform many of the subsequent decisions you’ll make about your renovation. Our advice for choosing tile: Make style a priority. Bathrooms are small spaces, so they can handle big design without overwhelming the room. For inspiration, check out a few of our favorite stylish bathroom tile ideas, below.
1. We love the way the oversized tile pattern on the floor adds interest to the simple subway tile on the walls.
2. Create a beautiful mosaic with glimmering penny round tile on the shower floor. We’d pair it with a frameless shower door.
3. Embellish a standard chair rail and add interest to a neutral space with a tile border.
4. Take inspiration from a room that’s all about water with blue-colored wave tile.
5. Create a rustic oasis with natural stone tile on every surface of the shower.
6. The more tile the merrier? This combination of scalloped and subway tile proves the answer is yes.
7. Pearlized tile allows a narrow backsplash to make a big statement.
8. Flip traditional subway tile on its head by installing it at a right angle.
9. Pair gray tile with black fixtures and warm wood tones for a polished industrial look.
10. Play with scale by pairing a small print on the floors with oversized subway tiles on the walls.
11. For the ultimate luxurious look, continue marble tile from floor-to-ceiling.
12. Get inspired by the Mediterranean sea with a turquoise tile surround in a variety of patterns and sizes.